Geldof and Willy

I was up Benbulben last week. The locals aren’t friendly so we had to go up a very tough way. Great views from the top. If Yeats (or Willy, as his intimate friend Geldof calls him) had ever got up there his poetry would really have taken off ....

Geldof is a good programme maker but why does he have to be so foulmouthed? It took away considerably from what was otherwise a very fine programme. In the midst of the wall-to-wall crass and embarrassing programmes on all channels and articles in all newspapers it was interesting, entertaining, informative and important but Geldof had to reduce it to the level of a pub discussion with his crude language.

Why does RTE not realize that a television programme is not the same as a discussion in a pub? No wonder this society is in the gutter.

1 comment :

  1. I was afraid his presentation would be just such, so I decided to spare myself the annoyance in advance. I'm pleasantly surprised that the content may have been better than I expected, but my life is not impoverished by having decided to skip his insights.

    ReplyDelete